Thursday, March 27, 2008

April is National Poetry Month!

so why not celebrate by reading some poetry, sharing some poetry, maybe writing some poetry and, best of all, supporting some poets!

my dear friend and wonderful poet Beverly Jackson has just published a chapbook. I highly recommend you buy it for yourself or someone you love. here's how:

send $11 to Paypal at litpot@veryfast.biz

or check to: Beverly Jackson, 102 Adams Hill Road, Asheville, NC 28806



excerpt:

"To Be Water"

not in water--
not swimmer, whale or porpoise plunging
under surface glint, controlled by ocean--

but to be sea,
the slack-jawed, spooky renegade
of slosh and swell, tidal flood,
blind mammoth rolled in slumber...


want to read the rest? you know you do! get a copy, before the print runs out.

5 comments:

Bev Jackson said...

Aren't you the best?! Thank you so much, my friend. April IS National Poetry Month. I had forgotten.

Patry Francis said...

Thanks for this! I love Bev's work and will definitely treat myself to a copy.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

GC SMITH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
GC SMITH said...

I bought it. It's great.

I'm doing a poem a day in Sharon Hurlbut's office for April. Also, posting them in my blog.