Sunday, December 7, 2008

Book Tag

I have just been tagged by dear friend Myfanwy Collins to join in one of these meme thingies. So here's what I have to do for this one:

RULE ONE, I have to grab one of the books closest to me, go to page 56, type the fifth line and the next two to five lines that follow.

So, the first book I reach out and touch is the Creativity Book by Eric Maisel, Ph.D., which I had completely forgotten I even have and will be useful for my creative writing class. however, in that book, page 56 is between sections and therefore blank! Try again.

The next book I select is Dr. Olaf Van Schuler's Brain by my friend Kirsten Menger-Anderson. The fifth and following lines are:

"Nicolas was awaking. Doctor Steenwycks, New York's most esteemed expert in matters of life and death, had admitted the possibility. And if not, if justice did not reach her son with its tender breath, she would cradle his head one last time in her arms and bury him in a manner befitting a king--scarves, gloves, mourning rings. She would spare no expense."

gosh.


RULE TWO, I have to pick five people who love books. My five picks are:

Donna Storey
Bev Jackson
Carrie Berry
Kirsten Menger-Anderson
Cecilia Baader

1 comment:

kma said...

Funny--the book closest to me didn't have a fifth line on page 56 either. But, I managed to find another book :) Thanks for thinking of me! And for quoting Dr. Olaf.