Tuesday, May 4, 2010

a moment



I meditate with a small group of friends each Sunday from 10-ish to 11-ish. (I am always late.) this past Sunday I arrived early and we set the iphone gong to 10:59. I came out of meditation, reached for my camera, went outside joel and laura's house over-looking the marsh and took three photos of their tibetan prayer flags fluttering in the breeze.

I chose to send the photo above to the NYT project because I thought it would be visually strong if incorporated into a mosaic of tiny thumbnails. I don't know that it will be, but it's what I sent. did you send one?

and here's the first one I took. I think it captures the moment better, in terms of feel of place, but I didn't know how well it would hold up in tiny form. anyway, joel and laura's:

No comments: