Friday, July 1, 2011

mind-body connection

a dear friend of my son underwent surgery for melanoma this week, and I have been doing what I can to send her healing intentions and reiki energy. I have asked my on-line friends to offer thoughts, prayers and intentions as well, as I believe that intentions can be conduits of powerful healing.

when my niece had a brain tumor a few years ago, I asked people all over the world to pray for her/send intentions, largely through the Zoetrope on-line writers group (one of the first and longest-lasting social networks). natalie recovered completely and is now fine, a lovely teen-ager, and I am very grateful.

I have long been fascinated, in a somewhat scattered way, about the connections between the physical and the spiritual, the emotional and the material, and my son's friend led me to consider how positive or negative emotions such as grief or fear affect health. (I am familiar with Louise Hay's work.)

so this morning I came across a beliefnet.com post on FB regarding a blog contest. I was in need of procrastinating, so naturally I signed up to write at least 15 blog-journal entries about holistic health and spirituality (the topic I selected from their choices, which include News and Politics and Entertainment). if anyone cares to check out my musings over the coming weeks, or post a comment, or join the contest yourself, do so here.

fyi: rachel is the name of the young woman who needs healing intentions. may she recover completely and live a long, happy, healthy and productive life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Roger was about to undergo surgery last year for colon cancer, I asked all of our friends-- online and off, to send him their very best thoughts and healing vibes. I don't think we can change outcomes, but we can help raise endorphin levels that might in fact change outcomes. Roger is doing very well, one year later. I hope Rachel is doing well.

Elizabeth said...

The mind body connection is so powerful. It is good to be reminded.

Md.Abdul Aziz Student of Arabic Language & Literature from Islamic University, Kushtia as 1st class 1st among the Arts faculty said...

unbelievable! it is wonderful. i am seeking for such a blog.thanks
Islamic Books and Articles

Jackie said...

I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect! More powers to your blog. keep posting!

- Jackie of web design

kusumi said...

Giants Super Bowl Jersey

Cameron VSJ said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, would you mind emailing me when you get a chance?

Thanks,

Cameron

Unknown said...

Your knowledge of this subject comes through clearly in this article. I love to read this kind of articles, I hope you will update it. Thank you for sharing it with me. Indian wedding turbans

Vagas said...

Recents.Info

Wohan Raja Obat said...

cream pemutih wajah
obat penghilang bekas luka
obat pelangsing badan
jual obat pelangsing badan
obat pelangsing super
obat pemerah bibir
obat peninggi badan cepat
obat perapat vagina
obat perontok bulu
pembesar pantat
alat pembesar payudara
obat pembesar payudara
jual obat pemutih gigicream pemutih wajah
obat penghilang bekas luka
obat pelangsing badan
jual obat pelangsing badan
obat pelangsing super
obat pemerah bibir
obat peninggi badan cepat
obat perapat vagina
obat perontok bulu
pembesar pantat
alat pembesar payudara
obat pembesar payudara
jual obat pemutih gigi